Statcounter

Saturday, September 9, 2017

TIFF Talk 2017: Andrew, "Call Me By Your Name"



Name: Andrew from Toronto

The Film: Call Me By Your Name (Italy/France)

What's it about?

It's a coming of age story about a young man who's trying to come to terms with his [sexual] identity.

Did you like it?

I really love the film. As a queer male myself I thought it captured a lot of things that I went through in my youth. I would say that it's a great representation of the young male experience coming to terms. It's beautifully shot. The music was perfectly paired. The script is beautiful, but that's because the source material is beautiful.

I think audiences will receive it really well. I think it requires people to really sink into it and allow themselves to become lost in it -- otherwise you might find its two hours and 10 minutes running time too long.

The performances were great. The young man played by Timothée Chalamet was exceptional. I've never seen him in anything before so I was really taken by him. I think Armie Hammer was incredible, but I think he's always incredible. I think he's really bold for taking on the role. Traditionally he's your archetypal male lead so for him to take on this role that challenges him in this way and to conquer it the way that he did, I thought was amazing.

I had a hard time buying into their relationship at first, but as the two of them sort of allowed themselves to buy into it, I was totally sold by the end.

I love everything about it.


Call Me By Your Name will be in theatres on November 24th. 

Trailer

 

No comments:

Post a Comment