Statcounter

Sunday, September 11, 2016

TIFF Talk 2016: Cara, "Personal Shopper"

Name: Cara from Toronto

The Film: Personal Shopper (France)

What's it about?

It's about this girl (Kristen Stewart) who tries to come to terms with losing her brother and dealing with the afterlife.  

Did you like it?

I liked it. It's a strange experience -- there was a mixture of genres going back and forth. It was like several movies rolled up into one. There was interesting use of special effects; which I didn't expect. I really have to think about it for a while to process it.

I thought it was an interesting choice to have Kristen Stewart's character texting all the time on her iPhone. At times, I was a little bit impatient with it, but I think it's true to life. It's how many of us spend our time.

Kristen Stewart's performance was great. There was a lot of intensity in her eyes. She really channeled loneliness and suffering.


Personal Shopper International Trailer


No comments:

Post a Comment