Statcounter

Sunday, September 11, 2016

TIFF Talk 2016: Alex, "Snowden"

Name: Alex from Toronto

The Film: Snowden (USA)

What's it about?

Edward Snowden's story as an NSA whistleblower.

Did you like it?

I thought it was really good. I really enjoyed it. The big thing for me is that the film changed my opinion of him. Going into the movie, I felt that he was just this hacker whose actions weren't as noble as he portrayed them to be, but after seeing it, my perception of him has definitely changed. I now understand his feelings for doing what he did for the greater good. I hope the film gets people talking about [privacy] a little bit more.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt's performance as Snowden was great. That was obvious when they eventually cut to the real Edward Snowden. The way Gordon-Levitt manipulated his voice to sound more like him is pretty amazing. He certainly became Snowden.

Snowden Trailer



No comments:

Post a Comment