Statcounter

Monday, August 11, 2014

Blogger Spotlight: What Would Kanye Wear's Christina Mirabelli

For nearly 2 years, media planner Christina Mirabelli has been showcasing her cool urban street style on her personal blog What Would Kanye Wear and we recently caught up with her to talk about it and all things fashion.


TorontoVerve: Tell us about your blog.

Christina Mirabelli: What Would Kanye Wear is my street style -- my day to day fashion. It's an expression of who I am. It's the way that I show the world my creativity.

TV: How did you come up with the name?

CM: My friend Johari came up with the name from mocking my hot fashions at work. For instance, I have this fake fur winter scarf and she would jokingly pose with it and say, "oh, girl -- what would Kanye wear?" and it kinda became a thing. She finally convinced me to start the blog and I knew that had to be the name.


TV: What does Kanye West represent for you?

CM: He's a creative genius. He's bold, inspirational and he doesn't give a f@%k about what anybody thinks and I like that about him.

TV: What is it about his style that inspires you?

CM: It's not so much Kanye's style that I'm attracted to as it is his attitude. He could be wearing jeans and a t-shirt or wear a leather kilt with a diamond-encrusted mask on stage, and in both scenarios, he still exudes the same confidence and charm.

TV: How would you describe your style?

CM: My style is definitely a reflection of my feelings on a given day. One day I can totally be dressed down -- boyish and casual, and the next day I can be wearing my skin-tight leathers with the highest heels. To me, clothes are costumes. When I go to an event, I'll wear something perfectly suited for it. I just get these visions in my head about what I want to wear and I just put it together.


TV: What has the response been for your blog?

CM: People love it. After just 6 months of running the blog, I was featured in Toronto Life, which was awesome. The blog was just something fun to do and it felt like a real accomplishment to be recognized.

TV: What is your most prized possession in your wardrobe?

CM: Definitely my shoes. I love my shoes. I have a pair of army green McQueen little booties with these rocking gold skull zippers, and I also bought a pair of Miu Miu boots in New York, which I've wormed down and resoled so many times. I absolutely love them.


TV: What are some of the hottest trends this summer?

CM: This summer is all about the cropped top. I find that a lot of festival styles are showing up in street style and since the cropped top is big on the runway, it's made a huge comeback in street style.

TV: What do you see trending this Fall?

CM: I see a lot of colour blocking for Fall and I don't think plaid has gone away yet.

TV: What can we expect next from your blog?

CM: When I first started the blog, I posted photos that I took during my lunch hour using my iPhone. Since then, my shoots have been more thought-out and we're using an actual camera to produce higher quality pictures. Also, I'm now shooting my various outfits on weekends so you can expect to see some of my fun and flirty styles.


Check out Christina's blog What Would Kanye Wear.

Follow WWKW on TwitterInstagram and Facebook.


* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment