Statcounter

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

TIFF Talk 2016: Pauline, "The Bad Batch"

Name: Pauline from Toronto

The Film: The Bad Batch (USA)

What's it about?

It's a post-apocalyptic movie about criminals (aka Bad Batch) trying to survive a group of cannibals in the desert.

Did you like it?

I loved it. I sat right at the front so I couldn't escape the mayhem. The director, Ana Lily Amirpour (A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night), introduces us to this gruesome cannibalistic world; which is so raw and jarring. It was so disturbing to watch the girl (Suki Waterhouse) get her arm and leg sawed off to be eaten.

The film got a positive response from the TIFF crowd so I think audiences will generally like it, but it's not for everybody. All I can say is if you go see it, have an open mind.

Follow Pauline on Instagram.

Clip from The Bad Batch

No comments:

Post a Comment