Statcounter

Friday, September 18, 2015

TIFF Talk 2015: Sam, "Equals"


Name: Sam, Toronto

The Film: Equals (USA)

What's it about?

Equals takes place in a dystopian future where emotions are removed at birth and people function as their best selves. They don't have human emotions to hinder their everyday lives. When a pandemic breaks out, it causes some people's emotions to return and, if detected by authorities, will be punishable. The lead characters played by Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult develop these forbidden feelings and must go into hiding.

Did you like it?

I thought it was great -- especially the visuals. I was pleasantly surprised that the score and the screenplay were on par, if not better, than the visuals. The score was a long drawn out tug at my emotions. I thought Kristen Stewart's performance was excellent. Her personality fit the lead role well. Nicholas Hoult did phenomenal as well. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I liked director Drake Doremus' previous film, Like Crazy, and he delivered again with Equals.

Next screening:

Saturday, September 19th at 3pm, Ryerson Theatre

Follow Sam on Instagram.

Watch a clip from Equals




No comments:

Post a Comment