Statcounter

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

TIFF Talk 2015: Onyeka, "Girls Lost"


Name: Onyeka, Toronto

The Film: Girls Lost (Sweden)

What's it about?

Three girls, who are bullied by boys, find a magical seed and plant it. After they drink the plant's nectar, they transform into boys. It's a coming of age story.

Did you like it?

I found it very emotional. I definitely think Girls Lost is geared towards a younger audience. I also felt that the film handled the different themes of gender-identity, sexuality and self-discovery very well. I'm queer and I have a lot of queer friends and [I always appreciate when a film genuinely explores that intense and emotional journey]. It truly resonated with me.

Next Screening:

Sunday, September 20th at 11:45am, Scotiabank Theatre 4

Follow Onyeka on Instagram.

Girls Lost Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment