Statcounter

Saturday, September 19, 2015

TIFF Talk 2015: Lani, "I Smile Back"


Name: Lani, Toronto

The Film: I Smile Back (USA)

What's it about?

The film is a character study of one woman's (Sarah Silverman) struggle with mental illness and addiction.

Did you like it?

It was really good. It's very heavy and hard to watch, but I think it's an important film to see. It definitely resonated with me because I had some family members go through similar things. It helped me understand what they might have endured. Sarah Silverman was amazing. She really embodied the character. This was a different role for her. She usually does comedy. Audiences will be surprised by her dramatic performance. I didn't think the film was going to be as gripping as it was.

Next screening:

Saturday, September 19th at 6:45pm, The Bloor Hot Doc Cinema

Follow Lani on Instagram.

Watch the I Smile Back trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment