Statcounter

Thursday, December 11, 2014

It's Our 5th Year Anniversary!!!

"I could shoot street style like the Sartorialist!" Those were the words that started it all. Five years ago today, I first walked the streets of Toronto searching for cool and exciting fashions. Since then, I've met, photographed and interviewed many interesting people.


Someone recently asked me, "So why do you do it?" The answer is quite simple: I do it because I love creating extraordinary photos. I love seeing the smile they bring to my street style subjects. I love telling people's inspiring stories, and more importantly, I love sharing my vision of Toronto with everyone.


People always ask, "How often do people turn you down?" And I'm happy to say not often. About 8 out of every 10 people I approach agree to appear on my blog, which is a great indication of our city's confidence and pride.


Not long ago, a friend inquired, "How long will you continue doing it?" I really don't know. I'm actually surprised I made it to five years. I suspect that when my love for it is gone, that's when I'll hang up my camera, but I don't anticipate that happening anytime soon.

* * *
I want to give a big thanks to everyone who's appeared on my blog and to all my new and loyal followers!

It's been a great five years!


- Nigel

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on five years of blogging! I passed my five year mark last Spring, and people don't realize how many hours go into shooting, editing (and in my case, writing). It's a labour of love for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your passion for a capture, a candid moment and even those posed is evident in every shot Nigel. It's a pleasure to drop in from time to time. Never a disappointing moment in a photo or profile! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete