Statcounter

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Yuan


Yuan's elegant street style caught my attention as she confidently cycled through the busy College Street traffic. "My style is classic, vintage and chic," she said. Before packing away my camera, I couldn't help but also notice the many cuts and scraps on her arm and leg.

TorontoVerve: "What happened?"

Yuan: "It happened a week ago after I just returned home from my honeymoon. I bought these Havalanas flip-flops that were a little too big. As I was biking North on Dundas from Queen, one of my flip-flops slipped off and got caught in my bicycle chain. I lost control, keeled over and scrapped my whole right side. I cried like a baby."

TorontoVerve: That's terrible."

Yuan: "I'm trying to cover up my cuts in a creative way with my wardrobe now. I wouldn't normally wear this dress when it's so hot outside."

TorontoVerve: "Were you wearing your helmet at the time?"

Yuan: "No."

TorontoVerve: "So I guess you're wearing a helmet today because you've learned from the experience."

Yuan: "Yes, I try to always wear a helmet - plus it looks cute."

TorontoVerve: "Did any good samaritans help you?"

Yuan: Yeah, pedestrians really surprised me. Some people think that Torontonians don't care about each other. They got me water and a first aid kit. It was great."

TorontoVerve: "Any tips for anybody wearing flip-flops on a bike?"

Yuan: "Yeah, don't (laughs).

TorontoVerve made #7 on Street Style News Daily Most Popular: http://www.streetstylenews.com/most-popular-july-13-2014/


1 comment:

  1. Love it. Thanks for catching up to me that day! This blog is great.

    ReplyDelete