Statcounter

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Patrick


Patrick: "I'm trying to look kinda dressy and summery today. It's beautiful outside."

TorontoVerve: "Is there anyone in particular who inspires your style?"

Patrick: "Um, I find that a lot of people…or at least the way that I look at it…a lot of people judge me on being black. I feel like all they see is gangster so I'm trying to change that. When you dress nicely, people treat you better."

TorontoVerve: "That's sad. Do you think it's sad that you feel that way?"

Patrick: "Not sad. I grew up with white parents also. I worked at the Gap when I was younger so I always knew how to dress appropriately. Yes, it's pretty depressing that I can't dress anyway that I want because I get judged on it basically. I remember when I was in grade 11, I used to get pulled over by the police if I wore a baggy t-shirt and shorts. But when I walk down the street like this, they ask, 'how are you doing, sir?' There's actually a big difference. It's surprising. I want to change the stereotype. A lot of people think that black people are what they see portrayed on TV, in the movies or on the internet: gangsters who sell drugs and do bad things. But really, I have a great job and work 40 hours a week and I don't do drugs or anything like that."

TorontoVerve: "So what are the flowers for?"

Patrick: "I'm going on a date tonight. The flowers are a nice added touch. Every girl should get flowers."

TorontoVerve: "What's your favourite memory in life?"

Patrick: "I have a photography company and we run a charity. Once every 2 weeks, my friends and I all pitch in to buy a bunch of toothbrushes, socks and deodorant and we walk around downtown and hand them out to homeless people. Their happy faces are definitely memorable to me."

Check out Patrick AKA Pattattak's Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to see his life in pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment