Statcounter

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Asheda


Asheda: "My style is 'New World Africa.' I'm inspired by my mother and the I - Threes. They are my style icons. I love how they can be conservative and sexy at the same time. All of them are really powerful in their own way and they are able to exude an understated confidence with their presence."

TorontoVerve: "What's your biggest regret in life?"

Asheda: "When I was younger, I was really passionate about studying music and performing, but my mother convinced me to not pursue it and just go to school."

TorontoVerve: "You can still get into music."

Asheda: "Yes, I know, but I still wonder how things would have turned out."

TorontoVerve: "You say that like you're an old person. It's not too late."

Asheda: "No, you're right. It's not too late (laughs). I'm going to try."


1 comment:

  1. I love everything about the late great Nina Simone. Music, politics, sexuality and roots. The pictures make it look like she is standing out of time in our time.

    ReplyDelete