Statcounter

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

TorontoVerve Turns 4 Years Old!

After 4 years of shooting street style, I thought I would step in front of the camera for our 4th anniversary post.

My name is Nigel and I'm the editor and photographer of TorontoVerve.



When I first began my quest for inspiring street style, I didn't think it would last 4 days -- let alone 4 years. I was terrified to approach people I didn't know and must admit that the thought of rejection was somewhat intimidating. So what possessed me to embark on this creative journey? When I have a definitive answer, I'll let you know.



Fortunately, I meet a lot of friendly people in the city. I love the experience of creating a photo with someone -- even if it's just for a minute. And for my more in-depth interviews, I always strive to tell peoples' stories unlike they've been told before. 



It's been a great 4 years. I've met a lot of interesting people, forged new friendships and developed a greater appreciation for this wonderful city.  This past summer, I was excited to also have the opportunity to shoot street style in Europe. The entire experience has certainly been fulfilling.


So what's next for TorontoVerve? Well, in the spirit of blogs like Humans of New York and Toronto, I'd like to share more about my street style subjects beyond merely their fashion sense.  Hopefully, these stories and photos will connect with people both on a style and personal level.

What do you think?



Finally, I want to give a big thanks to all my loyal and new followers.

If it wasn't for your love of Toronto street style, I probably would have given this up a long time ago.


Sincerely,

- Nigel.



* Photos of me taken by Dorothy van Grootheest

16 comments:

  1. Congrats Nigel! Congrats TorontoVerve!
    Looking forward to the next 4 years of Toronto Street Style here on your blog and on StreetStyleNews... :)

    Keep up with the world's finest street style blogs by following StreetStyleNews on Twitter and Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I always appreciate showing up on your StreetStyleNews feed!

      Delete
  2. What great shoes! You should've stepped in front of the camera sooner. Stories behind the style is a great spin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sadly, I don't have the same courage as my street style subjects. I think the stories will be a great twist too. I hope you'll like the results.

      Delete
  3. Cool post!! Nice to see the face behind a blog that I love. Keep on keepin' on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! I hope to keep on keepin' on for a long time too! ;-)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, Nigel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea! Hopefully we can have you on the blog again soon!

      Delete
  5. Ładna Vespa i fajny jesienny look :-)
    Pozdrawiam
    Michał

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michal! I love the vespa too! And Mark is quite the stylish guy too!

      Delete
  6. You look fabulous Nigel! Fabulous outfit and fabulous blog...

    Samantha You look fabulous Nigel! Fabulous outfit and fabulous blog...

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shiksa! I finally had the courage to show up on my own blog. I appreciate your support!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! You are a mighty four ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Nigel! Would love to see a gallery show of your work by the time the 5th year rolls around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Nigel! You look fabulous, as I knew you would. I like the idea of more knowledge of the subjects. Whatever you want to do, you should. I haven't commented since your first year but you know we love it. And I'm not in Toronto or Canada (though I have friends there). Thanks!

    Susangiulia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am just stumbling across your wonderful blog for the first time, and I am completely in love.
    Keep doing what you're doing, you're a true inspiration.

    ReplyDelete