Statcounter

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Masta Myst: "Fox on the Box"


I've met many people on my quest to capture street style, but none stand out more than Masta Myst -- an incredibly charismatic and hugely energetic bicycle courier.

As you can imagine, he barrelled down the Annex streets like a rocket, and it was quite the task to catch up with him in our car, but I successfully grabbed his attention after practically throwing myself in the path of his bike.

As I was photographing him, his magnetic personality and bright ensemble also caught the attention of several passerbys -- one of whom was a little girl who demanded that her mother take their picture together.

"I describe my style like 80's Village People. In the street, fox on the box, and renaissance-type shit. I'm inspired by Victor Willis and Ray Simpson -- both men played the cop in the band. The hottest cop on the disco scene! People say that I'm a dancing machine!"


TorontoVerve made #8 on Street Style News' Daily Most Popular Chart:
http://www.streetstylenews.com/most-popular-may-30-2013/



2 comments:

  1. Kick-ass awesome style that's making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you catch him again and again in the future. he's outstanding. love everything he has on, especially his glasses.

    and that no gear bike, just too sweet.

    ReplyDelete